CoinPanel is the data controller for the personal data collected in connection with the visit and use of CoinPanel’s websites, platform, apps, features, or other services. Our data privacy practices are subject to applicable laws in the places in which we operate. This means that we engage in the practices described in this notice in a particular country or region only if permitted under the laws of those places.
CoinPanel operates, and processes data, globally. We may also transfer data to countries other than the one where you live or use CoinPanel’s websites, platform, apps, features, or other services. We do so in order to fulfil our terms of service and end user agreement, or based on your prior consent, adequacy decisions for the relevant countries, or other transfer mechanisms as may be available under applicable law, such as the Standard Contractual Clauses or an adequacy decision of the European Commission confirming an adequate level of data protection in the jurisdiction of the party receiving the personal data.
The following data is collected by or on behalf of CoinPanel:
(1) Data provided by you. This may include:
(2) Data created during use of our services. This may include:
(3) Data collected from third parties. This may include:
CoinPanel uses the personal data it collects for purposes including:
(1) To provide services and features. We use the personal data we collect to provide, personalize, maintain, and improve our products and services. This includes using the data to:
(2) To ensure safety and security. We use the personal data we collect to help maintain and enhance the safety, security, and integrity of our services and users. This includes:
(3) To provide customer support. We use the personal data we collect (may include recordings of customer support calls with notice to and the consent of you) to provide customer support, including to:
(4) For research and development purposes. We may use the personal data we collect for testing, research, analysis, product development, and machine learning to improve the user experience, including to:
(5) For marketing communication purposes. We may use the personal data we collect, based on your marketing communication preferences, to market our services to you, including to:
(6) For non-marketing communication purposes. We use the personal data we collect to communicate with you when necessary, including to:
You may not opt-out of receiving critical service communications, such as emails or mobile notifications sent for legal or security purposes.
(7) To enforce our terms in our terms of service and end user agreement and for other legal proceedings and requirements. We may use the personal data we collect to investigate or address claims or disputes relating to use of CoinPanel’s services, to enforce our terms of service and end user agreement, or as otherwise allowed by applicable law, or as requested by regulators, government entities, and official inquiries.
We will not use your personal data for purposes other than those purposes we have disclosed to you, without your consent.
Some of CoinPanel’s products, services, and features require that we share your personal data with others to perform tasks and duties or for legal reasons or in connection with claims or disputes. We will share your personal data only with third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. We will never sell or rent your personal data to third parties without your explicit consent. We may share the data we collect:
(1) With CoinPanel service providers and business partners. We provide data to vendors and other service providers or business partners, such as consultants, marketing partners or research firms. Our contracts require these vendors and other service providers or business partners to only use your personal data in connection with the services they perform for us and prohibit them from selling your personal data to anyone else. These may include:
(2) For legal reasons or in the event of a dispute. We may share your personal data if we believe it’s required by applicable law, regulation, operating license or agreement, legal process or governmental request, or where the disclosure is otherwise appropriate due to safety or similar concerns. This includes sharing personal data with law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties as necessary:
We only collect and process personal data where we have one or more legal grounds to do so. Such grounds may vary depending on where you are located at the time your personal data is collected. For individuals who are located in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom or Switzerland, we rely on legal grounds for processing your personal data under Article 6 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation. Generally, the legal grounds include processing your personal data:
(1) To provide the requested services and features according to any contracts we entered with you (or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you). This includes:
(2) Based on our legitimate interests to operate our business, or those of other parties, to fulfill our legal obligations. This includes using your personal data to maintain and enhance our users’ safety and security or purposes such as combating fraud, improving our services, direct marketing, research and development and enforcing CoinPanel’s terms of service and end user agreement. In addition, it includes using your personal data to the extent necessary for the interests of other people or the general public, such as in connection with legal claims and to protect the rights and safety of others.
(3) Based on our legal obligations, the public interest, or in your vital interests. CoinPanel is subject to laws and regulations in various countries and might be required to collect and retain data about your activities. We collect and use your personal data to comply with such laws. CoinPanel may also share data with law enforcement regarding criminal acts or threats to public safety, or requests by third parties pursuant to legal processes.
(4) Based on your consent. We may collect and use personal data based on your consent. For example, we may collect personal data to enhance your experience of our platform or services, to engage in third party marketing activities or for any purpose you have provided your consent to. If you have provided consent to a collection or use of your personal data, you can revoke it at any time. However, you will not be able to use any service or feature that requires collection or use of that personal data.
Retention requirements vary by jurisdiction. This means that we retain different aspects of your personal data for different periods of time depending on jurisdiction, the type of data and the purposes for which we collected the data.
Information collected via technical means such as cookies, webpage counters and other analytics tools is kept for a period of up to one year from expiry of the cookie.
Depending on the applicable law, CoinPanel enables you to access and control your personal data collected by us. However, access may be denied when denial of access is required or authorized by law, when granting access would have a negative impact on another's privacy, to protect our rights and properties or for other reasons. Your right to access and control your personal data may include:
(1) Access and portability. You may request that we provide you a copy of your personal data held by us. We will provide you such a copy without undue delay subject to a potential fee associated with gathering of the personal data (as permitted by law).
(2) Changing or updating personal data. You can edit your name, email address, phone number and payment method associated with your personal account through the Settings menu in CoinPanel’s platform. You may also request us to change or update any of your personal data held by us in case it is inaccurate.
(4) Withdraw consent. To the extent the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent by unsubscribing from marketing notifications. Your withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your personal data based on consent prior to your withdrawal.
(5) Restriction of processing. In some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to restrict or object that we process your personal data under certain circumstances. However, we may continue to process your personal data if it is necessary for the defense of legal claims or for any other exceptions permitted by applicable law.
(6) Complaint. In addition, depending on your location, you may have the right to file a complaint relating to CoinPanel’s handling of your personal data with the data protection authority in your country. For example, if you are located in the European Union and South America, you may submit such requests to the data protection authorities in the country in which you live.